I've finally come to accept...
Image courtesy of Amazon
- they have a “closed beginning” meaning that they all start with the same initial problem.
- they have a “closed end” meaning that they all end with the same answer.
- they have an “open middle” meaning that there are multiple ways to approach and ultimately solve the problem.
Here are my thoughts for how the game will play...
- Each player will get 6 dice of a certain color (each person's dice are different colors.)
- Place the game cards face down in the middle of the table and deal 3 cards face up. Below is a sample card:
- First player rolls all 6 dice. They place as many dice as they would like on to the upward facing cards in order to complete the goal. If they cannot complete the goal on the first roll, they can choose dice to reserve for their next turn and place them next to the card they are trying to complete. Once a dice is reserved for a card it cannot be used for a different card in another turn. A player cannot use another player's dice to fulfill a goal.
- If a player completes a goal, they immediately pick up that card and create a staggered score pile with points visible to all players. All dice on a scored cared are returned to the player and can be used in their next turn. Immediately flip a new card from the deck to replace the scored card. If the player still has rolled dice available, they may use them on any card (including the one just flipped) or reroll them on their next turn.
- After a player has rolled, placed dice, and scored qualified cards, their turn ends and play passes to the next person.
- Take Backs: At the beginning of a player's turn they can choose to take back ALL the dice they have reserved on the table and roll all 6 die.
- A player wins when they have reached 40 points.